Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katycorp
Visitor

Episode view side images not showing

Hi All,

I have an app where I have a roPosterScreen with the display type set to flat-episodic. Each video has SDPosterUrl and HDPosterUrl set properly, and the image displays properly when the video is in focus. EpisodeNumber is NOT set for any of the videos. However, when the video isn't in focus, it's just a gray box instead of an image. I'm not sure why since it shows up perfectly when the video is in focus. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Kaitlin
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Episode view side images not showing

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's just the way it works. Doesn't it work the same way in the Netflix channel?

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
katycorp
Visitor

That's possible; this is my first app and I'm not 100% familiar with how everything works. However, I did find this in the Component Reference Manual, on page 28, where it discusses the roPosterScreen (flat-episodic style)

"4. In order to see poster art in the side posters instead of episode numbers, please ensure
that the SDPosterUrl and HDPosterUrl are defined for the content and that
episodeNumber is not defined for that content. EpisodeNumber overrides the poster
URL."

So if it's not supported, the documentation says it is. Very confusing...
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

There is not currently a way to make side posters display in the 'flat-episodic' style. You can use that documented technique to make the side posters display in the 'flat-episodic-16x9' style.

--Kevin
0 Kudos