Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcorrigan78
Visitor

Disable Ad Count - Roku Ad Lib

Hi All -

I'm using the Roku Ad library in my application, and when ads play I see "Ad 1 / 2" on the screen. Can I disable this somehow? I don't see this enabled in other apps.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disable Ad Count - Roku Ad Lib

Not possible with the current version of RAF
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Technically, you could do it by implementing a custom UI and only using RAF for VAST parsing, but in the long run that's not an ideal solution.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

As long as we're discussing things in the RAF that maybe should be customizable, it would be nice to be able to modify the "Your program will return after this message" (from memory, so that may not be quite right). I don't have a program that's going to return.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"renojim" wrote:
As long as we're discussing things in the RAF that maybe should be customizable, it would be nice to be able to modify the "Your program will return after this message" (from memory, so that may not be quite right). I don't have a program that's going to return.

These types of things are on the todo list, but may not happen in the near term. As TheEndless points out, you are always free to build your own player to render the ads and just use RAF for parsing and tracking. That approach is described in Section 2.2 of the RAF documentation. But that's a bit more work and you won't get the all the features of RAF rendering.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Thanks for the response, Chris. It's not a big deal. It's nice to know it's on the list.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

For latest developments, see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=94698
0 Kudos