Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DP_Tech
Binge Watcher

Did 12.5 break search/browse ECP?

It appears this is no longer functioning. 'search/browse?keyword=the roku channel&type=channel', or anything else for that matter, navigates to the search screen but does not set 'the roku channel' as the search value.  Every time the search box is populated with "keyword" and the active cursor in front of the word "keyword"

Changing 'search/browse?keyword=the roku channel&type=channel' to 'search/browse?the roku channel=&type=channel' seems to work...if you don't have that equals sign after 'the roku channel' we get a 404 response.

6 REPLIES 6
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Did 12.5 break search/browse ECP?

Yes, this is not currently supported.  Roku has replaced the search system with a new implementation that's based on the same services that power What to Watch and Live TV.  The firmware search has been removed, and that's what was hooked up to the ECP query.

0 Kudos
DP_Tech
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the confirmation.  It would probably be a good idea to update the ECP documentation to reflect this.

jksalvo
Reel Rookie

Do you know if there is a plan to re-implement the API search feature in the future?

DP_Tech
Binge Watcher

@RokuBen  Could you elaborate a bit on how the new search works with Live TV?

In the Search if you enter "South Park", not listed anywhere in the results screen (or in the South Park screen) is The Roku Channel.  Within Live TV on The Roku Channel there is Comedy Central Pluto Tv and everyday at ~7 PM CST this station runs South Park until ~ 11 PM CST.

0 Kudos
user442
Reel Rookie

Yes! Please update the documentation. I just spent hour trying to figure out why I couldn't do this and then I found this thread. Absolute BS.

zpelkey

I registered a username in the forums just to say how angry I am and how unacceptable this is. 

You want people to use Roku and to build on your platform, then provide a better developer experience.

This is frankly shameful, you have devs out hear wasting hours and have an API in prod that's deprecated/broken without any information.

0 Kudos