Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DKLR Dependency Failure Installing into Eclipse for the Plugin

Newbie post, doing newbie things, like getting started.

Starting from the Getting Started, page; https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/developer-program/getting-started/ide-support.md 

1) Java 8: I avoid Oracle Java anything due to their licensing. The instructions on the IDE support page says to download (and presumably install) Oracle JRE 8. That link is no longer accurate, and Oracle points you to a JDK 8 page.

I chose to install the OpenJDK 8 SDK, instead.

1.a) Java 11+: Eclipse requires JRE 11+. I have installed the OpenJDK 11 SDK, and selected Java 11 JRE/VM to be default.

sudo update-alternatives --config java
There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

Selection    Path                                            Priority   Status
------------------------------------------------------------
* 0            /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java      1111      auto mode
  1            /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java      1111      manual mode
  2            /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1081      manual mode

2) Eclipse: Starting from a new install of Eclipse (2021-12), i select "Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers" because that easily includes JavaScript and the kitchen sink.

I hit "Next" and then select my Java 11+ VM folder:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64

and then hit "Install", accept the Eclipse EULA and wait for it to install, then launch, then create a new folder for a fresh workspace.

3) I then attempt to install the Eclipse Dynamic Languages Toolkit following the getting started intructions, but it will fail.

Eclipse->Help->Install New Software...->Add..., Name: DLTK 5.6, Location: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/dltk/updates-dev/5.6/ and then "Add..."

That URL resolves, I hit "Next>" and DLTK and DLTK tests show as available. I select "Select All" and then "Next".

"Cannot perform operation" and then an Install Remediation Page is displayed with some very unhelpful information by default.

i select "Show original error..." and the following is displayed:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Dynamic Languages Toolkit - Javascript IDE 5.6.0.201608300412 (org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.feature.group 5.6.0.201608300412)
  Missing requirement: Dynamic Languages JavaScript Core 5.6.0.201608300412 (org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.core 5.6.0.201608300412) requires 'osgi.bundle; org.antlr.runtime [3.0.0,3.0.9)' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Dynamic Languages Toolkit - Javascript IDE 5.6.0.201608300412 (org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.feature.group 5.6.0.201608300412)
    To: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.core [5.6.0.201608300412,5.6.0.201608300412]

How can I satisfy this dependency?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
legalevo
Binge Watcher

Re: DKLR Dependency Failure Installing into Eclipse for the Plugin

I'm getting the same error please help

0 Kudos
Vovan

Re: DKLR Dependency Failure Installing into Eclipse for the Plugin

I am also having the same problem. Does anyone know a solution ?

0 Kudos