Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DP_Tech
Binge Watcher

Cannot log into Development Application Installer after New Key Generation

Jump to solution

We use VS Code to "sideload" dev channels.  We are at a point where we want the channel to be a Beta Channel.  We are following this guide.  We executed the step "New Key Generation" using PuTTY on Windows.

The next step is "Packaging with the Development Application Installer".  We were not logged into Development Application Installer, as mentioned we use VS Code to "sideload" the dev channel, we are not able to successfully log in.  We tried dev/{password} and the DevID/Password generated from genkey.

It has been a long time since we used a web browser to log into Development Application Installer, so we cannot actually confirm that we were able to connect the moment before running genkey.

Does anyone know what's going on or if there is an alternative way to publish the channel?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot log into Development Application Installer after New Key Generation

Jump to solution

I'm a little unclear on where things are going astray.  You should be able to log into the device's webpage using rokudev as the username and whatever password you set up when you enabled developer mode on your Roku device (I assume the same one you set up in VS Code).  You don't use the password from genkey to log into the web page.  Once you log in, go to the "Packager" link and it will show the "Dev ID" assuming genkey was run.  It's on that page that you enter the password from genkey when you package your app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renojim

Jump to solution

I'm a little unclear on where things are going astray.  You should be able to log into the device's webpage using rokudev as the username and whatever password you set up when you enabled developer mode on your Roku device (I assume the same one you set up in VS Code).  You don't use the password from genkey to log into the web page.  Once you log in, go to the "Packager" link and it will show the "Dev ID" assuming genkey was run.  It's on that page that you enter the password from genkey when you package your app.

DP_Tech
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Oh my goodness.  Using rokudev works.

Did this change?  Could have sworn that the user name was always just dev.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Nope, it's always been "rokudev".  My browser used to prompt with something like, "site suggests rokudev", but that seems to have gone away in the last year or two.

0 Kudos
DP_Tech
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Guess it just has been a long time, thanks for providing the answer.

0 Kudos