Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Can't remove a channel

The other day a second Radio Paradise channel appeared on my player. I don't think I even entered the channel store, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I wanted to try out an update I made to the Radio Paradise channel and when I downloaded the private channel I now had three Radio Paradise channels. However, I couldn't get to the updated one. I tried removing all the RP channels, but one is stubborn and won't go away. I even did a factory reset and it comes right back. I should note that I have a second player that has always had two RP channels for some reason, and I have the same problem on that box - I can't remove one of the RP channels. The other strange thing is that clicking on "go to channel" takes me to the channel, but then the screen flashes and I'm repositioned at the channel store in the main menu.

I finally gave up and unlinked the player and created a new Roku account. I'm just hoping that when I do release the update that all RP users don't have this problem. I'm also worried that when I give Bill at RP the private code to check out the changes I've made that he doesn't have to go through all of this as well.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: Can't remove a channel

Looks like a bug. I've been able to reproduce this. I don't think it will affect many normal users as it only seems to affect channels that you have multiple versions of, including one that was added with a channel code.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

So in other words, anyone that had v1.0 of RP installed could potentially have this problem? I would have thought that there would have been some reports of the issue. Or was it just because I installed a non-published version before the final published version was pushed out? Any idea when a fix will happen? It makes it look like there's something wrong with the RP channel and I don't want Bill to think it's my fault.

More information: I don't know if it's relevant, but I just remembered that v1.0 and v2.0 of the RP channel were packaged with different keys (I had to rekey v2.0 because its private screensaver conflicted with CLOC).

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

"renojim" wrote:
So in other words, anyone that had v1.0 of RP installed could potentially have this problem? I would have thought that there would have been some reports of the issue. Or was it just because I installed a non-published version before the final published version was pushed out? Any idea when a fix will happen? It makes it look like there's something wrong with the RP channel and I don't want Bill to think it's my fault.

More information: I don't know if it's relevant, but I just remembered that v1.0 and v2.0 of the RP channel were packaged with different keys (I had to rekey v2.0 because its private screensaver conflicted with CLOC).

-JT

From what we can tell so far, it's related to having installed the channel by code vs from the channel store. Doesn't appear to have anything to do with a new version being published.

And I've been able to recreate with other channels, so it's not limited to your channels
0 Kudos