Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mberr
Visitor

Can I use adobe flash live media encoder for linear feed?

Can I create my channel using adobe flash live media encoder for the linear feed ?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Can I use adobe flash live media encoder for linear feed

A lot of channels use Adobe FMLE to do the encoding, but that is only one part of it - you also need a transcoding server to transcode and segment that stream into HLS format, which is what Roku and other platforms use for live streams. Most people use Wowza servers though there are other solutions including the DIY approach using ffmpeg.

- Joel
0 Kudos
mberr
Visitor

Re: Can I use adobe flash live media encoder for linear feed

Are there any templates for brightscript, for a channel for video streaming using ffmpeg?

I am trying to do it the DYI way. Really low budget for my own roku tv channel project.

I currently stream 24/7 using ustream/ and encoding with Adobe FLME, in my webpage mastvpr.com. I am obviously trying to place that same feed in the Roku channel.

Do you think making a Roku Channel for 24/7 live streaming done the DYI way is a "doable project"?

My programmer experience is managing a wordpress site...
0 Kudos