Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Bug in roCompositor.SetDrawTo()?

This sounds awfully specific but roCompositor.SetDrawTo() does not seem to check its argument.

I spent some time trying to figured out why example code i was massaging/ref**toring stopped working and showing anything on screen at all. Turned out i started passing dictionary (roAA) instead of roBitmap or roScreen - but there was no indication anything was wrong, SetDrawTo() remained mum. Moreover the subsequent calls to compositor and roScreen method did not complain at all either. None, null, nunya indication something was wrong.

There should have been an error message!
I know one can say "garbage in - garbage out" but what's the point of interpreter being malicious? There is a piece of code somewhere that checks if destBitmap is roBitmap or roScreen (or a common interface therein) - it should throw an error for developer to see. Preferably right where it happened (SetDrawTo) but if it bitches during drawing, that would be acceptable too.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Bug in roCompositor.SetDrawTo()?

Thanks for finding this.

- Joel
0 Kudos