Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psquick
Reel Rookie

roku remote not working on roku stick

just got a new roku stick last week and my remote is suddenly not working. my other remote for another roku stick works on the device but not the remote assigned to it. i have changed the batteries and restarted it with no success.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: roku remote not working on roku stick

Hello @psquick

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

The troubleshooting steps suggested in this link might help: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working. Try giving it a shot. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku stick associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
psquick
Reel Rookie

the serial number is K451AC689338

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@psquick

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JRinDC

I have a similar problem. My remote simply will not work. I have replaced the batteries, I've tried unplugging everything and pairing - repeatedly. I even tried a manual reset on the streaming stick, but now I can't even get to a home screen. It asks for my preferred language and then gives me a remote error signal. And I can't get past that because the only way to control the stick is with the remote. What the heck? I've only used the Roku a few times and now I cannot get anything to work. Please help.

Serial number - X01700451YU8

Rondvir

Hello, 

I have the same problem.

Replaced the batteries and the remote will not work.

Model: 3820X

SN: S08Y42180U7V

User24

I also can’t get my roku remotes to work.  The batteries are new on both controls.  One remote’s light is a solid green light, the other remote the green light won’t turn on at all.  I have rebooted the Roku, tried aiming the remotes an inch away from the streaming stick, taken the batteries in and out, and none of it is working.  

please just post a solution here for the people who are looking for answers.  
model rc-al2 ic 5959a-rcb14

Rc-al7 tc2-rcb14

i don’t see any serial numbers

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JRinDC
Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rondvir
Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@User24
Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos