Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougster

rf remote for roku ultra 4800r

Is there a universal RF remote (works through walls) that can be used with the Ultra 4800R streaming player?  I want to use one remote to control a TV, Roku streaming player, stereo receiver, DVD player, and CD player.  All items, (except the TV), are located in a closet.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: rf remote for roku ultra 4800r

I am unaware of any universal remote that operates on RF. Logitech used to sell universal remotes that had RF capabilities, although I believe they needed to use an IR extender with Roku devices. But Logitech shut down their Harmony remote sales and no longer sell them. I don't know of any other universal remote that might do that. 

But some of the more expensive home automation systems likely offer something that can include multiple IR blasters to control everything inside your closet. Just don't expect it to come with a price tag with less than four digits. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: rf remote for roku ultra 4800r

@dougster-

You may want to look at using an infrared repeater. 

• Place the unit with the IR detector in plain sight where the signal from a universal remote can hit it.
  • Place the unit with the IR emitter in the cabinet with the equipment you wish to control.  Some also have IR emitters on wires you can attach directly to the equipment to be controlled.

Some connect the two units by wire, others by radio frequency signals that can penetrate walls or into cabinets.

Amazon search for Infrared Repeater

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos