Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acheiman
Channel Surfer

repeat when held stops working (advancd/back)

But since it works one way today and a different way tomorrow says it's not the program, it's an error. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: repeat when held stops working (advancd/back)

Hi @Acheiman,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Acheiman
Channel Surfer

Re: when held stops working (advancd/back)

I've tried that without success. Not sure we're talking about the same thing. This is my problem... 

I've got two roku ultras. (4802R) Every now and then I have an issue with ff /rw. Normally when I hold the ff button, it'll ff and keep going until I let go, but now it'll go for 15 seconds and freeze. If I quit pressing te button, and then press again it'll go as it should. Same with rewind. Whenever this is happening, the remote is also not very responsive. It takes around 5 clicks to actually do anything, and then it works normally. The weird part is that this always happens to both rokus at the same time. I've tried rebooting, resetting to default, removing all remotes and then adding them back in. But since it happens to both rokus, I don't know if there is anything to do. Normally when this happens it does that for a few days and then it'll work perfectly for a few weeks.

0 Kudos
Acheiman
Channel Surfer

Re: repeat when held stops working (advancd/back)

I think I've got it fixed. It's the roku remote pro issue. When I use the phone remote app everything works fine. I uninstalled the remotes and they are working. The question now is how to get roku to fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Acheiman,

Thanks for the additional information. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate you for letting us know what are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

You mentioned that the fast forward and rewind button of your Roku remote is not responding when you are holding it, is that correct?

Rest assured that we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we will be asking additional questions.

1. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  2. When did this issue first start occurring?
  3. What type or model of Roku remote do you have? Is it the remote with a standard battery or rechargeable?

For additional help solving an issue with your Roku Remote or one of its features, refer to the detailed articles below: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Roku

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Acheiman
Channel Surfer

This happens only in YTTV as far as I know, but other apps don't work the same way so it's hard to tell. I have two roku ultra 4802Rs, one has one roku remote pro and the other has two roku remote pros. When I use the phone app remote, everything works fine so it's obviously a flaw in the remote pro. Not sure how roku will fix this though. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it last for a few days. When it does happen it makes me wish I'd have went firestick. 

0 Kudos