Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remotes for roku dont work

Ive purchased 2 remotes for my roku ..each are compatible  ,,batteries work ..the remote sometimes will work for a minute then stop ...using all the battery removal .. resetting techniques do not work ... i feel like ive been cheated and am about done with roku ..i just want a **bleep** remote that works .. and can get no help other than the same ole  bull battery restart roku  and all that **bleep** that doesnt work

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10

Re: remotes for roku dont work

also apparently my roku is not eligable for online customer service ... what the heck is that?

0 Kudos
drjose74
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issue. The remote for the streaming stick is a joke in that I have to remove the battery for it to work from time to time and just today it stopped working. I've only had it for a few months, less than 5.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lazymessiah69 and @drjose74,

We apologize profusely for any trouble this has brought upon you. This is not what we aim for.

Would you mind identifying which Roku remote you are referring to? Kindly browse here for reference. Specifying if your remote has a pairing button would also be a great help. Additionally, instead of just removing the battery, we recommend replacing the batteries with fresh ones. Please observe for a difference. If following this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working does not help, please inform us so we can take immediate action.

We hope to hear back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
drjose74
Channel Surfer

I'm referring to the streaming stick remote. I've already done the troubleshooting steps (even with Roku support) and the remote is dead, won't turn back on. Obviously, changing the batteries was one of the first steps taken.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @drjose74,

Thanks for keeping us updated regarding the Roku remote issue in the Roku Community!

If you cannot resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send us a PM with your Roku account email address, along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. We'll be able to assist you further from there; we might also need more personal information from you.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grandmajoyce
Reel Rookie

Same here.  Two of them just stopped one day apart.....Don't want to throw more $$$ buying new ones that will only last a few months.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Grandmajoyce,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about this, and we'd love to assist. Would you be able to provide us with your Roku streaming device ID, serial number, and model number? Additionally, are you having problems with the two of your Roku remotes?

We'd appreciate your response to this.

Wishing you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grandmajoyce
Reel Rookie

Model 3820x

ID  S08Y41DUTOPL

Serial # XO1700AUTOPL

0 Kudos
Grandmajoyce
Reel Rookie

Received a message that my remote is asleep.  So how do you wake one up?

0 Kudos