Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccostello9

new remote roku stick not pairing

I have a roku streaming stick that will not pair with a new roku remote, there are no batteries to remove. I have reset the roku stick still will not pair. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: new remote roku stick not pairing

Which type of remote do you have (voice or standard). I ask since the Voice remote uses WiFi direct and the standard uses Infra Red to connect. If you have the standard, you just point it at the receiver; if that doesn't work, remove the batteries and replace and/or reset the streamer. If you have the Voice remote, press and hold the pairing button in the battery compartment until it flashes green which tells you its connected. Hope that helps

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: new remote roku stick not pairing

With no batteries to replace, you have the rechargeable Voice Remote Pro.  Have you plugged it into a charger to charge the battery?  The USB micro charging port is at the bottom end of the remote, under the purple fabric tab.

You may find your Roku is only receptive to the pairing request from the remote for a short period of time after it starts up. Try pulling the power to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to start up before pressing the pairing button on the remote.

Video from Roku re how to pair point-anywhere remotes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3T6eXqPU8

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos