Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_oc
Reel Rookie

issues with older Roku remote - RC118 - came with 3600X player

I was recently on a chat with customer service.  We have an older Roku Stick 3600X that we now use in the guest bedroom.  For some time now we've had problems with the remote that came with the stick - the RC118.  I've seen posts on here before about similar problems - the remote will work briefly, then stop.  If you pull the batteries and put them back in the remote will work again - for a while.  Then it stops pairing with the stick.

The customer service rep told us we needed a new remote without explaining what the problem was.  From what I gather it seems that the RC118 is no longer compatible with the current OS - which I think is 12.5.  Can anyone confirm this?  Are there workarounds?  The price of a new compatible remote is not much less than a new stick.  Doesn't make much sense to buy a new remote - might as well buy a new stick.  Seems like a waste 😞

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: issues with older Roku remote - RC118 - came with 3600X player

Complete waste of time don't do it!! Wait for sale on the newer Roku's. New Roku comes with a new remote. Right now you don't know for sure whats not working the Stick or remote. Why take the chance. And more channels will become absolute with that old Stick. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
j_oc
Reel Rookie

Re: issues with older Roku remote - RC118 - came with 3600X player

"RC118 is no longer compatible with the current OS - which I think is 12.5. Can anyone confirm this?"

Would still like to know the answer to this...

0 Kudos