Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shernic76
Reel Rookie

down arrow on remote does not work

Jump to solution

all my buttons are working except for the down arrow - so frustrating that you can't go to customer support directly with this issue! the button is not stuck and as I said everything else is working! please help! it is not voice activated so I guess it is a simple remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: down arrow on remote does not work

Jump to solution

Remotes do wear out.  I have to mash the OK button on one of my remotes pretty hard to get it to work.  If it's still under warranty you could go for a warranty replacement.  Otherwise you'll have to get a new remote or try to fix it yourself.  You could also use the app on your phone or tablet to act as a remote.  If you have a simple remote then there are plenty of universal remotes out there that support Roku.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@shernic76-

Is this a remote for a Roku TV (one with Roku functions built in) or is it for a separate Roku device that is hooked up to the TV?

If it is for a Roku TV, Roku just supplies the Roku operating system, the tv manufacturer supplies and is responsible for the hardware.  Manufacturer support contacts for Roku TVs can be found in this support post: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
shernic76
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

this is just a roku remote for a device attached to tv - not a Roku TV

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Remotes do wear out.  I have to mash the OK button on one of my remotes pretty hard to get it to work.  If it's still under warranty you could go for a warranty replacement.  Otherwise you'll have to get a new remote or try to fix it yourself.  You could also use the app on your phone or tablet to act as a remote.  If you have a simple remote then there are plenty of universal remotes out there that support Roku.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
shernic76
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thanks so much - you gave me a few ideas!

0 Kudos
shernic76
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thank you!

0 Kudos