Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ssix

controllng sound with one remote

Jump to solution

Hey all, 

I have a question for you guys, I just purchased a Sony 65-inch TV for my mom because she blew out the speakers on the old TV I didn't want this happening to the new one. I wanted to know if the small Roku sound bar 5.1 would increase the dialog and voices for her knowing that she is a little hard of hearing. also, does the soundbar start playing when she puts her TV on automatically or do I have to teach her how to use two remotes because one remote is hard enough for her to learn, I can just imagine her trying to learn Rokus remote as well. im looking for a soundbar that when she turns on her TV or cable box that soundbar starts playing automatically and she can control the volume from the soundbar with her cable remote. please let me know if this is all possible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: controllng sound with one remote

Jump to solution

If you use the Roku Streambar remote for anything even just powering the TV on, you will land on the Streambar Home page. If you just want to use the Sony menu and not see the Streambar home screen, put away the Roku remote. You just want better sound from the Roku Streambar, not use the built-in Roku streamer. Make sure the Sony recognizes the Roku as a cec device, that way the Sony volume will control the Roku Streambar volume. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: controllng sound with one remote

Jump to solution

If you use the Roku Streambar remote for anything even just powering the TV on, you will land on the Streambar Home page. If you just want to use the Sony menu and not see the Streambar home screen, put away the Roku remote. You just want better sound from the Roku Streambar, not use the built-in Roku streamer. Make sure the Sony recognizes the Roku as a cec device, that way the Sony volume will control the Roku Streambar volume. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.