Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
absorbine
Channel Surfer

can't find place to order roku's suggested micro sd card

Jump to solution

now, my roku moves very slowly.  i ordered a micro sd card (not through roku,) and it's not being identified.  i am now trying to order the roku recommended micro sd card, but cannot find the place to do it.  when i end up in accessories, i cannot find any place to order them.  i would appreciate any help.  thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: can't find place to order roku's suggested micro sd card

Jump to solution

I don’t see any SD cards on their accessories page.  I assume that's because none of the models in the current or previous generation use them.

Roku probably just hasn’t updated all of their old support pages like this one:

https://support.roku.com/article/208756158

that does say you can order a micro SD card from them.  (Hint to Roku – probably want to update that.)

In general, I have always found that SD card compatibility with small gadgets is hit or miss.  Computers have great support.  Cameras have pretty good support.  Other devices work with "some of them."  I usually supply my small devices by pulling obsolete SD cards out of my old camera accessories drawer.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: can't find place to order roku's suggested micro sd card

Jump to solution

I don’t see any SD cards on their accessories page.  I assume that's because none of the models in the current or previous generation use them.

Roku probably just hasn’t updated all of their old support pages like this one:

https://support.roku.com/article/208756158

that does say you can order a micro SD card from them.  (Hint to Roku – probably want to update that.)

In general, I have always found that SD card compatibility with small gadgets is hit or miss.  Computers have great support.  Cameras have pretty good support.  Other devices work with "some of them."  I usually supply my small devices by pulling obsolete SD cards out of my old camera accessories drawer.