Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InitialTruth
Reel Rookie

Won’t respond to remote or app

#3930x won’t respond to remote - light blinks. Batteries in and out and button pushed. Or app. Restarted cable box. Reset TV. Restarted router. Checked Internet connectio

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Won’t respond to remote or app

@InitialTruth 

The Roku Express model 3930 came with an IR remote. While it will work with the Voice Remote, and the Roku app remote, the one that came with the device is the Simple Remote, which is a basic IR remote. If the device won't work with that, then you may have a problem with the device. Yes, the fact it won't work with the app could point to a network issue as well, but the IR issue points to something fundamental that should be worked first.

First, ensure the IR remote is working. Take you cell phone camera and look at the end of the remote while you press buttons. You should see lights. If not, the IR remote is defective. If you do, the remote likely works, and there's something else going on.

Ensure there is nothing obstructing the front of the Roku device. I'm uncertain where the IR sensor is on the current Express device, but if the entire front is clean and clear, and not obstructed, then it should work. If not, there's likely an issue with the device.

This is a good check point in troubleshooting to determine if it needs to proceed, or if the cause is know. What are the results of those tests?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
InitialTruth
Reel Rookie

The remote was working fine for a long time. it stopped working. The receiver blinks when I press the "home" button on the remote, but the TV does not respond. I tried the app, and still no response. Then I reset the TV, reset the router, took batteries out and back into the remote, turned everything on and off. Nothing.

0 Kudos
SPP
Channel Surfer

Mine is doing the same thing. I've done all trouble shooting techniques as well. 

0 Kudos
SPP
Channel Surfer

Mine work with app on my phone. Simple remote works when it wants too. But very frustrating. I don't want to use my phone to change what I'm watching.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

I do not see that you followed the instructions given. That tells me you won't follow instructions. Others will be able to help you, if you want help. A word of advice: follow their instructions.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
InitialTruth
Reel Rookie

I did all those steps before posting. 

0 Kudos
SPP
Channel Surfer

They emailed me and I did followed instructions.. .I didn't ask you anyway

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SPP @InitialTruth

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried the troubleshooting step that @DBDukes mentioned? As previously inquired, what were the results of those steps?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos