Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TM20

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries and how to fix?

Jump to solution

Also having problems with batteries draining frequently.

Serial is X010001HAXMH

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TM20

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
morrimode

Jump to solution

Hello, my ROKU Premiere+ remote has been going through batteries.  I have to take them out so the batteries do not drain.  The batteries are fully drained in about 2 weeks and the little notification always pops up that I am either at 3%, 1%, or 0%.  

Model: 4630X

Serial No: YR004G878721

0 Kudos
jam851

Jump to solution

Aside from emailing my serial number for escalation, what is the actual fix here?  This isn't an issue with our individual devices as its happening to a handful that I have bought and clearly hundres of other people on this thread.  Clearly this is a flaw with these devices, but is there any actual fix other than replacement?

0 Kudos
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My experience is no we would take out the batteries after each use to preserve them

if you are under warranty.  
they will replace if you persist 

0 Kudos
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hope it’s less than a year old they will replace if you keep after them it is a defect 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @morrimode,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community regarding your battery drain issue.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement 

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support here or keep us posted here.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jam851,

Thanks for the post.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having a battery drain issue with your Roku remote.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mgmark

Jump to solution

Same here. Not acceptable. Going with Chromecast with Google TV

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Mgmark

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos