Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Terrible if they don’t replace it just take out batteries after each use and put back when you turn on roku it will extend the life of them really unfortunate seems like a huge problem they won’t acknowledge 

0 Kudos
DawnC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I bought mine directly from Roku  😞

0 Kudos
Cutlipcassidy65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Am having the same problem. If I don’t pop out a battery when not being used just for one day the remote will not work. Please help?

0 Kudos
Cutlipcassidy65
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries?

Jump to solution

My remote drain batteries in one day unless you pop out one. 

0 Kudos
Cutlipcassidy65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is going thru new batteries in a day. The serial number is YF0088946597. What can I do?

0 Kudos
bwalker478
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuKariza-D 

My serial number is YH00FN032039

0 Kudos
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries?

Jump to solution

I keep taking them out after use if your remote is under 1 year warranty they should replace it they are defective see how many people have same issue really sad 

0 Kudos
GardenGal45
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I see that many other consumers have issues with batteries draining too fast. Same for me. ONE of my remotes nearly "eats" batteries every few days. It also drains them and leaves a smelly liquid from the batteries in the cavity where the batteries sit. For months now I have removed the batteries at bedtime every day! Help.

You asked: please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further

Here's my info: System: my TV is connected to my wireless     Strength: excellent    My streaming stick serial # is:  YH0076546251

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
GardenGal45
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Many other users have issues with batteries draining too fast. Same for me. ONE of my remotes nearly "eats" batteries every few days. It also drains them and leaves a smelly liquid from the batteries in the cavity where the batteries sit. For months now I have removed the batteries at bedtime every day! Help.

My info: System: my TV is connected to my wireless  -   Strength: excellent  -  Streaming stick serial #:  YH0076546251

Help. Thanks.  GardenGal45

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bwalker478

Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos