Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rusty2465
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Mine is doing same thing I can't afford the batteries . done spent money on batteries that remote .

0 Kudos
Rusty2465
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you. Thought I was the only one. Its crazy I have spent more on batteries in the last month than I paid for ($22.00) the remote for Which is just month old YKOOP9738648. HAD OTHER ISSUES WITH REMOTE THAT CAME WITH MY TV 

0 Kudos
Taskmaster
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue with my new Roku ultra remote, I never plugged the headphones, after three days the remote drained the batteries without significant use. Please fix this issue!

Model: 4800R

Serial Number: YG00G5802965

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi RokuKariza-D, I am having the same issue with my Roku remote eating through batteries.  I own Model 3931RW - Roku Express+

Serial Number:  X00400C3APVV

Software Version 10.5.0.  Build 4208-AE

Please let me know if there is a solution because I do not seem to see one through any responses on this thread.  

Thanks, Todd

0 Kudos
Vbrain

Jump to solution

I have had this issue since I purchased the streaming stick a year ago. Is there a fix yet? I change batteries every 3 days. SN YH009W102774

0 Kudos
Kaitlyn1

Jump to solution

My roku remote is going through batteries weekly!!! How can I fix this issue cause it is really annoying to have to change batteries every week and it also isn’t good!! 

0 Kudos
Petunia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I read that the solution for this problem is to PM one of the Roku moderators of this discussion.  I can't find an email address or way to Pm with the serial number and user name.  Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Pai
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Looks like Roku has no solution to the problem.

No response at all, other than attaching further emails on the same topic. 

Best to put rechargeable batteries and keep one set always charged for replacement. 

Petunia
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Will do, thanks!

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Pre-charged NiMH rechargeable less likely to leak than alkalines anyway.

Youtuber bigclivedotcom recently did a video on the topic

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos