Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rs87277
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries and how to fix?

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku streaming + remotes and they both drain in 2 days.

What can be done, they are both powered by the usb wall outlet

beatle14
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem, the batteries last less than two weeks.  Is there a solution?

beatle14
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My model number is 3810; serial number is 2130a3019776

Schubee329

Jump to solution

Hi! I’m having the same problem. Remote is draining batteries. Not sure if I’m responding in the right place. I’m hoping someone can help!😩

Jump to solution

Mary my remote drains batteries too. Help!!

glencove
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My Roku model  3810-x,  serial number YH00DC05856, Device ID 2130CD0500856.

Without using the remote, the batteries die within 2 weeks.

Mark L.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing with Streaming Sticks+ (3810). Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

In the meantime, if you are powering your Streaming Stick through the USB port on your TV, we would recommend that you power your Roku device through a wall outlet to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries?

Jump to solution

Danny I am having the same issues with battery replacement in my remotes after 4 days. I have tried powering via usb on my tv and the plug in adapter supplied in the kit and I have the same battery draining issues. I tried taking out the batteries between uses and that gives me an extra day of usage. 

I have the Roku+ Device and TV Remote

Jump to solution

My Roku Streaming Stick + remote battery is drained every time I use it. When I turn on my Roku the batteries in the remote are dead. I'll pop in fresh batteries, use it once, and then on the next use the batteries are dead again. I use the Roku stick with a projector. When I'm using it I have it plugged into the wall, but at other times I have the projector and Roku stick stowed away. Leaving the Roku stick plugged in 24/7 is not an option. Please tell me you have other solutions in the works to fix the battery drain problem. Thank you.

Dead-batteries
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So what’s the fix for this problem?
Mine does the same thing, plan on returning it and buying a Amazon fire stick if they won’t post a fix to the problem