Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willis623

Why does the remote work for turning ON the TV but nothing else???

I can normally turn on my TV with the home (little house) button but turn it off with the power button. Well for some reason every once in a while I can't turn it on with the home button and then the screen saver is just running and nothing works at all. I changed the batteries, rolled them around, unplugged the TV, unplugged the Roku stick... EVERYTHING!! Nothing works!! I'm sick to death of the remotes crapping out all of a sudden!! This is a scam to make people have to buy new accessories!! Not only is this greedy but also I AM STUCK WITH 5 REMOTES THAT DO NOT WORK!! So what am I supposed to do with those?? Just chuck them in a landfill?? I'm at the end of my rope with Roku... I've been a customer for years but I may have to change up soon if you don't get your **bleep** together.

1 REPLY 1
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Why does the remote work for turning ON the TV but nothing else???

I completely agree, these remotes are junk. You would think it wouldn't be that hard to design a remote that functions properly, but Roku can't seem to do it. They don't care either they just keep making more of the same with each new Roku model they release.

These remotes need a complete redesign but I don't see it happening. Roku cares little for customer satisfaction, with all the problems and complaints Roku has gotten on this board alone over the years they should be completely embarrassed to put out such a flawed product.

The only thing that Roku cares about when it comes to these terrible remotes are the preset buttons, because they sell them to different companies to put their logo and direct link app on them when you press the button.

This way Roku can get all their ad revenue, now If there was a problem with those buttons not functioning properly you can bet Roku would address it immediately because the companies that paid for them would be yelling at Roku! As far as us customers, well they already got our money when we bought the Roku so they don't care about our remote issues.

0 Kudos