Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which remote please 3500x

Jump to solution

I know it sounds like a stupid question but I bought one off eBay that said it was 3500 series but it didn’t pair or match the picture of the remote that shows on the tv screen during setup

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Which remote please 3500x

Jump to solution

@Benambridge wrote:

I know it sounds like a stupid question but I bought one off eBay that said it was 3500 series but it didn’t pair or match the picture of the remote that shows on the tv screen during setup

Hi! We no longer sell a compatible remote for the 3500x. The 3500x Streaming Stick is around 10 years old and was deprecated a couple of years ago. We no longer support the device. I'll send you a small discount coupon for a new player, check your inbox.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Benambridge wrote:

Hi! We no longer sell a compatible remote for the 3500x. The 3500x Streaming Stick is around 10 years old and was deprecated a couple of years ago. We no longer support the device. I'll send you a small discount coupon for a new player, check your inbox.

Happy Streaming!

Jump to solution

Thanks! But it’ll still work if I find a compatible remote on eBay etc, right? Or not?

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Benambridge wrote:

Thanks! But it’ll still work if I find a compatible remote on eBay etc, right? Or not?

Yep! Technically it will still stream, but channels may stop offering compatible services. Channels aren't required to keep updated channels for devices that are no longer supported. For example, Apple TV and Disney+ likely do not work on that device.

If your 3500x is already activated and on a wireless network, you can try using the free Roku mobile app as a remote. If it isn't online, then you'll need a physical remote.

But, for the price of a second-hand or third-party remote, a new player with a new remote and the latest apps is only a few dollars more and will last much longer. There's currently a sale on the Roku Express. Hope that's helpful!

Happy Streaming!