Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What Roku streaming player has most DURABLE remote?

@Emissary35 wrote:

Roku also needs to design remotes that don't drain the batteries too quickly and don't spam the TV screen with malfunctioning low battery pop ups randomly.

I don't have any of these issues, and pretty much have the breadth of Roku remotes, including the latest Voice Remote Pro. My battery powered remotes generally go several months at a minimum, and the rechargeable Pro only gets used when I travel, and remains in my suitcase the rest of the time. It's never shown any significant loss of charge between trips, and even heavy use during the trip might only take 10-15% of the charge. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: What Roku streaming player has most DURABLE remote?

@atc98092  Then you are very lucky. Me and others here have dealt with extreme battery drain in multiple remotes and malfunctioning battery warnings for years. There are so many topics discussing it and Roku has done nothing to fix it.

Even my Voice Remote Pro will not fully charge to 100% and I start getting battery warnings at 87% charge popping up on my screen. These remotes are very poorly designed and completely annoying to have to deal with on a daily basis in order to use your Roku device.