Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buckeye797
Reel Rookie

Volume change sticks, goes loud or to mute

The volume on my 4K ultra sticks when I use it after not changing the volume for a few minutes. If I increase the volume, it will keep increasing after I let off of the button until I press the opposite volume bottom. Same issue when I lower volume. If I follow up within a minute or two, the problem doesn’t happen again. But it’s completely repeatable by waiting 5 mins or so between volume changes. This setup used to work fine, no changes on my end. I have many other Rokus that work fine. I saw a post from January that said this had been fixed but it just started for me about a month ago and steadily got worse. 

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume stick, goes loud or to mute

Hi @buckeye797 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching us here regarding your issue with your remote. No worries, we'd be more than willing to assist you with this.

Have you tried to reboot your device's system? If not, navigate to your Settings, then select System > System restart.

Try to unpair your remote, remove the batteries, and wait for at least 10-15 seconds. After that, put on the batteries and pair your remote again on your TV.

In addition, make sure to put on new batteries for your Roku remote or charge it if it's rechargeable. 

Let us know how it goes and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you with this.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos