Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MERSD
Reel Rookie

Volume buttons acting crazy

Same thing is happening to me. I thought it was a sticking remote but I ordered a new one and I’m getting the same issue with the new one. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume buttons acting crazy

Hi @MERSD,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community! 

We completely understand that you're having an issue with your Roku remote. Can you please give us more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you?

• Did you already try to change the batteries?
  • May we know what Roku remote you are using?
  • Have you tried to pair it to your device?

With more detailed information, we can assist you further. 

Thanks,

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My volume doesn’t work for the basic cable channels. My volume works for Tubi, Live-stream, Hulu, etc…. though. I can’t figure out how to get it to work

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Karen17love,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for posting about this issue that you're experiencing!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote since you can't use the volume buttons on your cable channels. We will be glad to help you. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuAnjelie provided above? In addition, do you have a cable box that is plugged in at the back of your TV?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ron92646
Binge Watcher

Me too.  I tap the up volume button once to try to slightly turn up the volume and it's like I kept the button pressed without releasing, TV volume goes full blast.  And like you, I've bought two brand new remotes thinking it would help, but it's the same.  I love Roku, but sure wish the devices were high quality.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your concern, @ron92646.

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, we suggest pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset your remote. After doing so, re-pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos