Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNolan1
Reel Rookie

Volume Button Broken on New Remote

Since purchase, my new Roku remote volume up/down button does not work properly. This is not a troubleshooting issue, but a flaw. I simply want Roku to replace it but have not been able to reach customer service. This was a replacement Roku (given messaging that my version was outdated) purchased at Target,  but given the 3 month time frame since receipt I was told I need to connect directly with the company. How does one do this?! I have not been able to reach anyone through chat or otherwise.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume Button Broken on New Remote

Hi @KNolan1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote. We're happy to assist you further. Please try these steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

If the problem still exists, please keep us posted!

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KNolan1
Reel Rookie

Hi There,

TY for your help. I went thr the suggested process, but the issue has not been resolved. The system says that it is unable to set up the remote to work with my Insignia TV + "Try again or set it up later". 

As I only purchased a new Roku Streaming Stick at the advice of Roku, this is a disappointing issue where I didn't formerly have one.

K

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KNolan1,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on why my Roku voice remote is not controlling the power and volume on my TV.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos