Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akemper
Reel Rookie

Voice search not working anymore

I have been having the exact same mic issue with my Roku 4.  The other members describe the problem perfectly.  I have also tried all of Roku's recommended steps.  What is needed is an actual working solution or an easy way to change out the remote hardware for a working version through Roku.

Roku needs to provide a path for a free or highly discounted exchange of their now documented defective voice remotes for ones with a mic that will work correctly with the latest Roku software version.  The Mic on my remote worked just fine when I bought it.  All other buttons continue to work just fine except for the mic "voice commands" feature.  I believe version 10 of the software is what killed it.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice search not working

@akemper

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? 

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-what specific troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
akemper
Reel Rookie

Danny,

Its real simple.  There is a defect in the Mic of one of my Roku 4 remotes.  It is not the Roku 4 unit, is the Mic that is part of the Roku 4 remote unit that is the issue.  I have two Roku 4 units.  I have swapped and resynced remotes.  The problem followed the defective remote not the Roku 4 unit.

Let's save the 2 hours of needless back and forth discussion and just sent me a link where I can get a replacement voice remote for $5.00

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Your Roku 4 is came out in 2015, its way out of warranty, if you want a break in price try your upgrade page:

Roku | My offers

and the cheaper voice remote is out of stock, try walmart. Or replace with cheaper universal from Walmart:

onn. R113663 6-Device Universal Remote - Walmart.com

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.