Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krissylee
Reel Rookie

Voice, remote with spectrum app

Jump to solution
  • Hello I am new to Roku. I just bought one a few days ago. It is a Roku streaming stick 4K with a voice remote. I’m not sure if it needs to be updated when you first get it and I’m also wondering if this voice remote will work with spectrum app, such as finding channels guide,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice, remote with spectrum app

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification, @Krissylee.

We understand that you want to know how to use the Voice control feature on your Roku Voice Remote.

To fully utilize your Roku remote's voice command feature, you can refer to this support article here on how to use voice to search for and control your Roku streaming device.

However, please be aware that some of the voice-search functionality may be limited when streaming certain channels on Roku.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Krissylee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it would not let me put in any other label. I do not need a remote replacement that I know of

0 Kudos
Krissylee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it is extremely aggravating that I cannot speak with a live agent for a technical problem,

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Krissylee,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you even more. To set up your Roku voice remote, it must be connected to your Roku streaming player or Roku TV through a wireless discovery process known as pairing. Once this simple pairing process is complete and a direct wireless connection is established, you will not need to point your Roku voice remote directly at your Roku streaming device when pressing buttons, giving you the flexibility to install it behind a wall-mounted TV or another nearby, out-of-sight location. You can control the Spectrum app on the Roku remote.

You can also check out this support article here on how to set up your Roku voice remote.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krissylee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have it set up I wasn’t asking that I wanted to know how I could use voice control to change the channel on spectrum app

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification, @Krissylee.

We understand that you want to know how to use the Voice control feature on your Roku Voice Remote.

To fully utilize your Roku remote's voice command feature, you can refer to this support article here on how to use voice to search for and control your Roku streaming device.

However, please be aware that some of the voice-search functionality may be limited when streaming certain channels on Roku.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos