Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mushytracy1
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro 2nd edition won't turn samsung tv on/off...no volume also

I can't get this new remote to control the volume or turn the tv on/off.  My old roku remote works fine, but the new one won't "pair" with either the ir and hdmi-cec setup.

The tv is samsung (I also use a sonos soundbar and not the tv sound) and the tv's anynet+ is and has been set up and works with old remote.

Any suggestions?

Side note: I got this new pro remote because of the backlight and I did see that it didn't have a headphone jack before I bought. GD that sucks. I was excited that it was rechargeable, since my headphones drain the battery relatively quickly, but I guess that's moot now...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro 2nd edition won't turn samsung tv on/off...no volume also

Greetings from the Roku Community, @mushytracy1.

We appreciate you letting us know about the ability to control your Samsung TV's power and volume using your new Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition.

In this case, we'd be happy to coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can create a report ticket effectively. 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Model and serial number of your Samsung TV and your Sonos soundbar.
  • Model of your new Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition which can be seen at the back of your remote.

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mushytracy1
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the quick response, I wasn't expecting that.

Quick note: the remote will turn on the tv system when I hit the netflix or other app shortcuts, but it will not turn tv off. and no volume control.

Roku is: 4670X -roku ultra
serial number: YJ0072101962
device id: SW9987101962
os (software) version: 12.5.5 build 4174-46

Samsung tv: UN46C6300SF / UN46C6300SFXZA
S/N: Z1R83CBZ302683H

Sonos Beam (Gen 1)

Roku: RC-0S1 / 3026000039

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

This is appreciated, @mushytracy1.

Rest assured that we will forward this to the appropriate team for further investigation. Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to let you know.

In the meantime, you may use your old remote or the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote, as we are still working on this. The Roku mobile app works well with your Roku Ultra and has a private listening feature. 

Your continuous patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos