Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice remote pro volume buttons change video mode on TV

My new voice remote pro volume buttons change the video mode and the screen ratio on my TV. Can't get it to stop. I've removed the remote, reset factory settings, and unplugged everything. Still will not work properly. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro volume buttons change video mode on TV

Hi @davidtheresa92,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problems with your Roku remote. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• When did the issue occur?
  • When and where did you purchase your Roku remote?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes?
  • What is the software version of your Roku device? (Go to Settings > Systems > About.)
  • Can you send us a photo of the running issue as our reference?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                    Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Voice remote pro volume buttons change video mode on TV

I think you should go through setting up the remote again, and this time don’t accept the first code that seems to work.  (This involves lying to Roku.)  Basically, with the wrong IR code, a button could do nothing, or might do something else, or…  I think Roku’s process of listening to music is a bit over-simplified. Recently, I found when setting up a remote for my parents, that I could invoke two entirely different volume UIs in their TV by using different remote codes.  I only noticed this because the first one I found looked entirely different than the one the TV’s own remote produced.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos