Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dsoucy14
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pro not holding a charge

Hi there -

having an issue with Voice Remote Pro not holding a charge.  
I’ll plug it in and let it charge for 24 hours - and as soon as I disconnect- it shows that remote needs charging!

this has been going on for months - and I’m ready to throw it out.

Voice Remote Pro RC795

Firmware - rtn.4246

MAC address 20:EF:BD:EC:ED:D8

Streaming Stick 4K+

SN: X01700KX4YDW

Software version 12.5.5 •build 4174-CU

Device ID S09T421X4YDW

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Voice remote pro not holding a charge

I am having the exact same problem. I plug in my Voice Remote Pro to charge, it will quickly jump to 100% charge within a few minutes, so it looks like it's fully charged. But then as soon as I disconnect the charging cable the charge indicator drops from 100% full down to about 96% or lower.

So I will plug it back in and the charge level will jump to 100% again, I unplug it and it drops back down to the mid 90% range again. I'll use the remote for a few hours and then suddenly the remote is down to around 87% full. I think these remotes are defective and they need to be replaced, the rechargeable batteries inside these remotes seem to be flawed.

I have complained about this exact thing on multiple remote topics since the beginning of January and so far I have gotten no help from Roku at all.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dsoucy14,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to investigate further with this issue that you had. May we know if this is the original Roku remote, along with the Roku device?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Emissary35,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience that it has caused you, and this is not what we aim for. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming platform and ease of use when using our products.

Please be aware that currently, our appropriate Roku team is still investigating this issue that you had with the Roku remote.

Your extended patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

@RokuJohnB 

And how much longer is it going to take to 'investigate this issue'? My Voice Remote Pro is defective, it will not charge all the way to 100% and the charge decreases rapidly, it's never shown 100% charge ever with the charging cable disconnected. How about sending me a remote that actually works the way it's supposed to!

0 Kudos
Dsoucy14
Reel Rookie

Hi there - this is both the original Voice remote & streaming stick.

How can I get a replacement remote?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Emissary35,

Thank you for the post!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku Voice Remote Pro. We're happy to assist you further. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dsoucy14,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We have sent you a private message here in the Roku Community. Please check your inbox.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

@RokuJohnB 

The troubleshooting steps I've taken are unpairing the remote and pairing it again. Pairing it to five different Roku devices I own and on ALL of them it shows the same thing. I never get a 100% charge even if I leave it plugged in charging overnight. And the charge drops into the 80% range very quickly.

However, when I have the charging cable plugged in it tells me it is 100% charged, but when I disconnect the charging cable it drops to at least 96%. If I unplug the cable while playing a video I get a pop up on my screen saying the battery is 100% charged. But when checking the remote section in the settings on the home screen it is always 96% or less. So it's conflicting information!

Also I am not using the "Private Listening" feature, I don't use the "Hands Free Voice" feature either. I am well aware that both of those things drain the battery faster. It just drops quickly from normal button presses, there is nothing else to do, it's a bad remote.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Emissary35,

We are grateful for the information you have given us!

We will be happy to help you even more. Have you tried a different USB charger or another micro USB cable? Did you try using a different power outlet as well?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos