Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RC57
Reel Rookie

Voice remote pairing light does not come on

Hello, 

This morning my Roku Streambar says the remote batteries are low.  I change the batteries and the remote will not pair. I have been through all the restart, try another pair of batteries, etc. nothing works. I have even tried batteries from another remote that works. 

Please do not recommend powering off the Streambox or other troubleshooting procedures, I have done them all. 

My question is,

if the pairing light does not light does it mean the remote is dead?

I would think this is the remote independent of the streaming device, it either lights or not. 

Thanks in advance 

RC

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice remote pairing light does not come on

I would say that if the light doesn't light, either the remote is bad, the button isn't working, or the light is burned out.  🙂  My one suggestion is to make sure you're really pressing and holding the button.  It can be tough with big fingers.  If there's any doubt, try using something pointy to press it.  Beyond that, it should be covered under warranty if it's less than a year old.  You're right in thinking that the Streambar has nothing to do with the light lighting,

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RC57
Reel Rookie

Hello, 

Thanks for the input, I had already tried the " using something pointy to press it" to make sure. It's under warranty so time for a replacement. 

RC 

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RC57

Thanks for getting in contact, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. We'd like to know more about the details of the remote.

• Is this the remote that came along with the device?
  • Could you also share with us the serial number of the device where it's paired?

We are expecting your response so we can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RC57
Reel Rookie

Hi RokuBernie-D

I had a chat with Roku and they are sending a warranty replacement remote. 

In resposne to your Q's 

The failing remote is the remote that came with the device.

The device is a Roku Streambar 4K; I'm not really interested in sharing the serial number in a support group. 

RC

0 Kudos