Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emailjunk
Binge Watcher

Voice Remote Pro - won't hold charge, constant battery level indicator, constantly attempts to pair.

My Roku devices have been working without issues for about a year. Now all of the sudden, I am experiencing many of the same issues documented here on the community in multiple threads. Voice Remote Pro won't hold charge, has difficulty communicating with the player (sometimes multiple button presses are necessary), constantly displays the battery level indicator (every few seconds), and constantly attempts to re-pair despite already being paired with the player. Deleted the remote multiple times and re-added it, Issues remain. 

MODEL: Roku 4800X - Roku Ultra

S/N: X01000DE79E9

SW VERSION: 12.0.0 build 4184-C2

VOICE REMOTE PRO

FW VERSION:rtn.4228

MODEL: RC795

This issue has not appeared when using my other remote with the same Roku Ultra: 
VOICE REMOTE

FW VERSION:rtn.4228

MODEL: RC691

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice Remote Pro - won't hold charge, constant battery level indicator, constantly attempts t...

Hi @emailjunk,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku remote since it will not charge. We're happy to help. How are you charging the remote? When are you charging the battery? How long are you charging the battery for? How can you tell that the remote is not charging?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
emailjunk
Binge Watcher

Re: Voice Remote Pro - won't hold charge, constant battery level indicator, constantly attempts t...

Please re-read my previous statement. The remote charges fine. It won't hold charge because it constantly tries to re-pair with the player. That's likely why the battery dies within a few days, why the battery indicator constantly appears, etc.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @emailjunk,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku voice remote pro. We're happy to help. Your Roku device displays an on-screen message when the rechargeable lithium-ion battery in your remote is getting low on power. The status light (on the back of your remote) flashes slowly when charging and changes to solid green when complete. A full charge takes roughly 3 hours and lasts approximately 2 months under normal use.

• Note:
    • Heavy private listening use drains the battery more quickly.
    • Your voice remote can be used while charging if necessary.

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos