Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthanes
Reel Rookie

Voice Remote Pro Stopped Working

The support site does not have a way to initiate a warranty replacement for a defective Voice Remote Pro that I bought in August 2021. The support site asks for a serial number but there is no serial number on the remote. The remote will not charge anymore and only works when plugged in. The Serial number of my device associated with the remote is X00300TYKKV9

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Voice Remote Pro Stopped Working

Can you elaborate on stopped working? I have 2 Roku Voice Remote Pros. Both work excellent. Battery lasts about 3 months on a full charge. Where did you buy your remote from? The serial number can be found in your Roku system settings under remote about. Use the remote that came with your device to get it 

0 Kudos
matthanes
Reel Rookie

I'm really happy that yours is working. As I elaborated in my post, it will not charge and will only work when plugged in. I will attempt to get the serial number from the settings as you described.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Where did you purchase it from? I got both of mine off Amazon 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@matthanes, you can try using the serial number of the Roku device on the warranty return page.  If that doesn't get you anywhere, try using https://support.roku.com/contactus/ and use Billing, Other as your selections.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

This is a rechargeable remote. No removable battery tray

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@matthanes-

The Voice Remote Pro that came with my Streaming Stick 4K+ has only been in use since 30 December 2021, and so far it charging well.

But there have been numerous reports here of VR Pros that have stopped taking a charge.  In previous posts, Roku personnel have said to use the Serial number from the connected Roku device when making warranty claims on Voice Remotes.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

My December 3821 4K+ came with a bad remote, the pairing button was pushed in as far as it could go, out of the box, and it paired to closest Roku when I first charged it. So they had me use the sn from the 3821 stick, even though they only replaced the remote. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @matthanes,

Saw your post!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into but not to worry, I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos