Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RabidNelson
Reel Rookie

Voice Remote Contantly Reconnecting

On my new Roku Ultra, I'm having a problem where the remote is constantly disconnecting and then reconnecting. I can only use the remote a few seconds at a time. A "Remote Control" notification appears in the upper right corner every time it reconnects. It does this so often that the notification is there about 75% of the time, making it difficult to watch anything. The device was fine for the first week out of the box, but the problem started the first time I tried charging the remote. I tried the repairing instructions in the troubleshooting article, but this did not resolve the issue. I had to revert to my old Roku in order to watch anything. Could someone please help?

Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra

Software: 12.5.0 Build 4178-C2

Network: Wired

13 REPLIES 13
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice Remote Contantly Reconnecting

Hi @RabidNelson,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're happy to assist.

Kindly send us a PM here at the Roku Community as we may need private data regarding this concern. To send a private message, click the user's name beside the icon, and you will be redirected to the user's profile. There, you will see "Send this user a private message."
We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nyquistrate
Reel Rookie

Same issue for several months now.  I will message support but am leaving a comment here so the breadth of the problem is understood.

0 Kudos
Capt_Rob

I also am having the same issues above!  As I am channel searching with the remote it stops functioning and then shows on the TV screen the remote battery-power icon 75% then reconnection occurs allowing me to continue to surf or change channels.  I've changed batteries for new ones and find it doesn't matter it still drops connection/paring.

Model # RC-FA1

SN# 3226001105

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community, @Capt_Rob!

We sincerely regret to hear about the trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, please try to press and hold the back and home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it and then re-pair it right after. Let us know if this will make any difference.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RabidNelson
Reel Rookie

Carly,

Thanks for your response, but as per my original post, I already tried repairing by holding the button for 30 seconds.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @RabidNelson.

Kindly check your message inbox here at the Roku Community. We have sent you a private message regarding this concern.

We're hoping for your response from there.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RabidNelson,
We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RabidNelson
Reel Rookie

I'm still having trouble getting help on this issue. I was told in private message that there's an "ongoing investigation" and I've provided all requested details. However, in the meantime, my window to return the Roku device has closed, and I still don't have a working Roku. Is there an ETA on when this will be resolved? Is there a way to get a replacement?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RabidNelson,

Thanks for following up!

The team is hard at work investigating the issue; we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment, and we can't give an ETA when the issue will be resolved, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos