Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cloud216merlin
Reel Rookie

VOLUME DIES WHILE SHOW GOES ON...HAPPENED 3X IN LESS THAN ONE YEAR.

Very early this year, the 1st. time this happened, I took batteries out, checked them, they are still good, put them back in, still NO VOLUME. The 2nd time it happened I contacted ROKU, lots of talk & told me to report if it happened again. Well the 3rd time it happened again.....the show I was watching still goes on but NO VOLUME. the 2nd & 3rd time I checked the batteries I took out and the 2nd & 3rd time they were 'still good'. I changed the batteries anyway and volume came back. That's 6 batteries in less than one year - - - - seems ROKU has a problem that causes us $$$. When are they going to fix it and replace our diseased remote!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: VOLUME DIES WHILE SHOW GOES ON...HAPPENED 3X IN LESS THAN ONE YEAR.

Hi @cloud216merlin,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us here in the Roku Community!

To find out how we can support you, we would like to learn more about this. When you mention there's no "volume," do you mean there's a problem with the audio within a particular channel, or does your remote control not work to navigate the volume buttons?

We will be able to help you much more after we have a better understanding of the circumstances.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cloud216merlin
Reel Rookie

I am already in touch with ROKU about this = when the volume all of a sudden quits it quits for 'every show" not just the one I would be watching.  Like I said; it happened 3x this year and  the batteries I took out were still good. I even have an account number tied. to this problem.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @cloud216merlin 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered with your Roku remote. We've forwarded your concern to our Support team who'll be reaching out via email to assist you further.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we sort this out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos