Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melnut2003

Re: Problems with Roku Streaming Stick overheating

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, the website has a not allowing me to order extender? All information provided however when I click send, nothing?? 

0 Kudos
Pink22

Re: Difficulty filling out request for HDMI Roku extender

Jump to solution

I have had the same problem! 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @melnut2003 @Pink22

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

When inputting the serial number, we would suggest making sure to put zeros instead of the letter O. Please note as well that serial numbers usually start with "YH". To know your device's exact serial number, navigate to Settings System About

If still no luck, reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku stick for further assistance.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
scribler
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to claim free HDMI Extender

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. The device gets very hot.  Regardless of which browser I use, I cannot order the HDMI extender. I am entering the serial number on the back of the stick. I even tried copy-paste from my roku account to make sure I am entering all the right characters. Seems like the HDMI extender is worth a shot if I can only get one.  My serial # is YH00A6552101.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @scribler,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

In the meantime, we also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page regarding your overheating issue: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning? | Official ... 

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
scribler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, HDMI is my only option since I am using Roku Streaming Stick+ and to unplug it to cool off, I have to crawl behind my tv each time.

How long before I hear back from Roku Support Team?

0 Kudos
EarthBoundX5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Skipping the 10 pages of other replies...I'm also having this issue on the HDMI checkout page.

https://my.roku.com/HDMI

Considering this is a few months old, I'm guessing there is no fix?  What is the process, can the OP be updated or a notice given by support with a clear route to resolution?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @EarthBoundX5,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

What was the error message when you attempted to claim for HDMI Extender?

There are a couple of things you can try to resolve this issue:

Clearing your cookies or cache or reloading the web browser or using a different browser to access https://my.roku.com/HDMI. Do you have a computer you can access the website with?

In addition, please make sure to use the number "zero" instead of the letter "O" when inputting your serial number into the form.

If you are still having any issues with claiming the free HDMI extender after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further. 

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
leahylisa

Jump to solution

I have tried both the SN from the box and the one listed in my profile, neither works! Very frustrating.....

SUPPORT please contact me!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @leahylisa,

We appreciate your post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos