Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilmoose1964
Reel Rookie

Ultra Model 4800R Player Remote

Jump to solution

I just received a new Roku Ultra model 4800R player. It came with a RC-EL3 remote. I would like to have two remotes for this player (one for me, one for wife). I already have remotes that were being used for the previous Ultra player. They are marked RC-AL9 and RV-AL7. Both are bluetooth types but I can't get them to work with the 4800R player. Should the old remotes work? If not, can I buy a second RC-EL3 remote? If not, which current remote would work as a second remote for the 4800R?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ultra Model 4800R Player Remote

Jump to solution

The only Bluetooth remote Roku ever used was for the Roku 2 XS, and I don't believe those you have are it.  I assume you mean RC-AL7.  @Tivoburkee can give you the definitive answer, but I believe both of those should work on your Ultra.  Any of the current remotes will work with any model Ultra.  The simple remote is IR and the voice remotes are RF.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

You might want to try harder to pair the ones you have.  Make sure you have good, fresh batteries and it helps if the remote is close to the Roku when you try to pair.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The only Bluetooth remote Roku ever used was for the Roku 2 XS, and I don't believe those you have are it.  I assume you mean RC-AL7.  @Tivoburkee can give you the definitive answer, but I believe both of those should work on your Ultra.  Any of the current remotes will work with any model Ultra.  The simple remote is IR and the voice remotes are RF.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

You might want to try harder to pair the ones you have.  Make sure you have good, fresh batteries and it helps if the remote is close to the Roku when you try to pair.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Lilmoose1964
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion.  I changed the batteries in one of the old remotes and it paired up right away.  And yes, the model number on one of the old ones was a type.  The correct model numbers should have been RC-AL9 and RC-AL7. 

0 Kudos