Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TNDave
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

SooperFlye  I have an older Mitsubishi TV, with HDMI, but no CEC.  I have been using it that way and the my two ROKU remotes controlled the power on/off and volume of the TV very well by IR for months. This TV also has IR emitters to further control additional devices, so my ROKU remotes also controlled power and volume of my AVR through the TV. When I replaced the batteries in the remotes, the IR can no longer be programmed to the TV.  You DO NOT NEED CEC!  The ROKU voice remotes (Until now) used the IR emitter to control TV power and volume.  That has stopped working for MANY of us since the 10.0.0 "update" (downgrade).

0 Kudos
Alexza

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

My remote is dead

0 Kudos
TNDave
Binge Watcher

Re: Remotes (2) no longer control TV power and volume starting JULY 3rd, NOT after update.

Jump to solution

OK, I have a theory why this is happening to many.  I have Three ROKU Ultras, the one that quit allowing TV control with the remotes is a 73" Mitsubishi WD-73833 DLP set.  I was controlling TV just fine until I replaced batteries in the two remotes used on it.

Theory:  I think they removed a lot of codes for older sets, the remotes hold their taught codes until batteries replaced, then the codes do not exist to re-program the remotes.  

Another of my three TVs is also a Mitsubishi WD-60c9, a somewhat newer but still a pretty old DLP set. The remote used on it still works, but I am afraid that when the batteries on it's ROKU remote need replacing (won't be long, as all three ROKU Ultras were purchased and installed within a week), it too will not be programmable.

The thing that is strangest to me is that when trying to program the two remotes not working, as soon as I click on "Yes, the music is playing", it goes to "Your remote is programmed", but they do not work. I never get to "No, the music has stopped"!  

If ROKU has removed the codes need to get my two Mitsubishi DLP sets working again, PUT THEM BACK!

0 Kudos
liztag99

Jump to solution

Hello, did the update and still not working. Here is the information requested. 

Roku device model: 3810RW - Roku streaming stick

-serial number: YH0053452207

-device ID: C23925452207

-software OS/version: 10.0.0 BUILD 4209-05

(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-remote model (Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model): RC340

-TV brand and model number: INSIGNIA

0 Kudos
setanta11

Jump to solution

Hi

I bought a new Roku remote which doesn't support the code that I used on my old roku remote.  On my old remote (model #RC127), my acer projector could controlled using 'TV Code 5'. However, when I set my new remote (RC399) it only offers TV codes #1-#3 for the Acer projector. Is it possible to add back support for the other codes to the RC399?

Here are the details of my current set up:

Roku device: Roku 3810x streaming stick+ running v10.0 build 4209-50
Roku device ID: C13835364900
New remote model : RC399, firmware rtn.4120
TV device: Acer projector model H7850

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the posts and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate this ongoing issue further. We'll keep you posted once we receive an update. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Kariza-D,

Thank you for apologizing for the inconvenience. You are the first Roku employee to do so, and this problem has been going on for a while. 

Can you please tell us why we can't re-install the old version of the software that worked on our TVs?

Thanks,

Old Bill in Florida

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

For me, This has been going on 2 months

my 3 year old Vizio TV is no longer a known or supported brand which seems to be different than other subsciber’s issues

all my info has been sent several times 

Still zero solution 

It seems that it’s the same problem that continues to spread

yes your problem is since the update

My 3 yr old Vizio is no longer a recognized or unsupported brand

but my 8 yr old Vizio, 5 yr old Samsung, 4 yr old TCL are still fine and I’ll say for now

Inexcusable ! 

Old Bill in Florida 

I’m starting to believe they dumped much info when they did last update

And now they can’t get it back 

0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As related to our problem, it is clear Roku doesn't:

1) Understand customer service.

2) Know what they are doing.

3) Care.

4) Accept responsibility.

I have no evidence to contradict either of these points, and plenty to support all.

Old Bill in Florida

Staudie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Ive worked through the solution and it was able to fix the volume issue but the power issue remains. Im using the ruko on an older Pioneer PRO-151FD TV.

-Roku device model 4670X
-serial number YJ001S422879
-device ID  KW99A1422879
-software OS/version 10.0.0 build 4209-46

-Pioneer PRO-151FD

Removed batteries from remote and unplug Roku..... let sit for 5 minutes. Reinstalled batteries and plug Roku in.... All fixed.

It worked until I shut off the TV and tried to turn it back on 4 hours later.