Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

July first and still no fix

they did something that made one of my Vizio TV not recognized and the silence is deafening

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Another update (different build)

june 30- 7:58 PM

software: 10.0.0

Build: 4209

and NO GOOD

my Vizio TV still not recognized as a supported brand

all was good until May when Roku updated to 10.0.0

We cut the cord and now we have this going on for 6 weeks with no fix

0 Kudos
Robert1021
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I sent a direct message to ROKUDanny with my details etc - today is thursday and still no reply.  ROKU really sucks - they cant fix their own issues nor have the courtesy of responding.

Robert

0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I sent Danny several messages, even offered him $100 to reply. I got the following, but no response to several of my follow-ups wanting to know if we could re-install the old operating system that worked. But you summation of Roku is spot on.

0 Kudos
Robert1021
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Danny - this is now6/7 weeks old - this is ludicrous that it is still not fixed.  perhaps go back to the old version would be the fix?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

There are no current updates that I can provide at this time as the issue is still under investigation. Once more information or an update is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Danny! Thank you for speaking up. Lot's of us have been asking if we can just go back to the operating system that worked. Can you please at least show us the respect and courtesy of a statement that you have at least run the question up the chain of command? Some weekly indication we've not been forgotten would help.

Thank You,

Old Bill in Florida

SooperFlye
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just my 2 cents, but I wonder if those who continue to have problems with their TV's volume & power controls might want to take into consideration that their TV set might be a few years too old to take advantage of ROKU's newest remote control (Roku Voice Remote Pro). This new remote will not turn the TV on or off. REASON, my 8-year-old TV does not have this built-in feature>>HDMI-CEC.

My Solution: use the TV's remote control to turn to TV on/off OR buy a brand new TV!

Your Solution: Either activate the HDMI-CEC on your set (if your set has one) OR purchase a HDMI-CEC adapter OR buy a brand new TV.

I hope this helps!!!

Your friendly neighborhood SooperFlye

0 Kudos
drlanyi

Jump to solution

None of this helped me regain function.  I have a model RC496, enhanced voice remote with firmware version 2.01.19.108.  My ROKU is up to date with a Model 4670 - Roku Ultra.  Software version is 10.0.0 build 4209-46.

One morning last week it was fine, but did not work in the afternoon.  Updates have been verified.

David Lanyi

drlanyi@live.com

SooperFlye
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Surprise, surprise! I just began using Sling TV's new (Beta) version via ROKU. And I now have control of the power (on/off) and volume control of the TV set. I have Vizio as my sound bar & subwoofer so I didn't expect the remote to control that. But everything is like it was before.

Now all need to see is my old TCL TV to break down so I can buy a brand new ROKU 4K or 8K TCL TV. Smiley Very Happy

Your friendly neighborhood SooperFlye

0 Kudos