Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert1021
Streaming Star

Re: Volume not working properly

Jump to solution

I know, but there is not way to contact Roku direct about the issue - only thru this venue which is a joke.  cant create a ticket or anything.

VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I’ve been stream with Roku fir almost 3 years 6 devices at 2 locations 5 seem to be fine but my Vizio in my bedroom is no longer recognized

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I bought the RC 399 in February and all was well till I was updates in May to version 10.0.0 now my Vizio tv is no longer a recognized brand

worse thing any corporation can do is to screw so many customers and have no serious communication 

0 Kudos
Robert1021
Streaming Star

Re: Roku remote stopped controlling tv volume.

Jump to solution

Just inundate ROKU with returns if still within the warranty period - then change to another product.  That'll get their attention.

0 Kudos
Robert1021
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

If within warranty send it back....google is a better product it appears and functionality with alexa much better

New Roku Pro remote and LG TV control

Jump to solution

I just bought a new Roku Pro remote. I tried to setup to control volume on my LG TV. When i click that i hear the music, it automatically forwards past the next question of ‘has the music stopped” and clicks yes for me in a split second. Volume controls still won’t work. Help please. 

dizzydinah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Replying to RokuAustin: I did both "fixes" you recommended but the volume still sticks. No GO!

RichTea

Jump to solution

So, I did the manual update, set up the remote as per the instructions and whilst during setup, the TV sound is muted and then unmuted etc. However, the volume buttons on my enhanced remote refuse to work. The remote does switch the TV on and off though.

Details are as follows:

ROKU device model: 3810EU - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial Number: YH001Y784491

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-50

Remote model: RC159

TV: Samsung UE40D5520

0 Kudos
dizzydinah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Update: after performing the suggested "fix" my remote has lost the power to turn on and turn off my TV! Great the fix made it worse. 

Stuntbug

Jump to solution

My roku ultra updated last night (6/29/21) to version 10.0.0 build 4209. Now my enhanced remote power button won't control the tv. Pressing any button on the remote would wake up the roku box and turn tv on. Now that doesn't work either. Volume controls work though.

I've tried resetting the roku. Repairing the remote. Setting up tv control. Unplugging power. I've also checked my sony bravia settings. 

Roku ultra model 4660x

Serial yj008d957097

Software 10.0.0 build 4209-46