Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheedys
Reel Rookie

Two remotes on same Hisense TV, one keeps stopping

We have 2 remotes for the same Hisense tv, both bought within the last year. Both were working and one just stopped working. I have followed all the trouble shooting steps listed on the support page. When the batteries are placed in the remote the syncing light starts to blink immediately, without holding the button. The tv has been unplugged, the batteries changed etc. The other remote is working fine. The original remote died and was replaced, the second remote is a pro and added weeks ago with no conflict before today. How do I sync the second remote again? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two remotes on same Hisense TV, one keeps stopping

Try going through the process under Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->Add a new remote navigating with the working remote to try to get the non-working remote to pair.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Sheedys
Reel Rookie

Tried using the pro to turn on the tv and go to the correct settings page, it did not work. Tried again today, the voice remote will now turn the tv off and on, and I can use the disney+ button, nothing else works.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sheedys,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you want to sync the second remote, and we appreciate your posting about this. We would be delighted to help you further. Kindly follow the steps below on how to re-pair your voice remote to your Roku TV.

Put your streaming device in pairing mode.

1. Remove the power cable from your Roku TV.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your Roku TV to power on and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode.

Put your voice remote in pairing mode.

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button, and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                    Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sheedys
Reel Rookie

As mentioned in the original post this was already attempted multiple times as it is the solution mentioned on the website. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sheedys,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We'd love to further investigate this problem. Could you send us a photo of the remote that you're using right now?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos