Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried all the Suggestions for this Remote

My simple remote just stopped working. I have removed the batteries, unplugged the box, inserted the batteries, plugged box back in and nothing. It isn't blocked, it is in the same spot it has always been in and was in last night which was the last time I used the remote. I know it isn't the box since I brought my living room remote into my bedroom and it works perfectly. I switched out the batteries, still nothing. I am beyond frustrated with it and the fact you can't find any real help on this site. How many questions do we have to go through before we can actually speak to someone who can assist us with our issues? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tried all the Suggestions for this Remote

It certainly could be your remote has just died.  If new batteries, inserted in the correct orientation (easy mistake to make), don't get it functioning, you can check whether it's working by pointing it at a digital camera (the one in a phone or tablet will do) and pressing remote buttons while viewing on the camera screen.  If the remote is sending infrared signals you should see flashes on the screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos