Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Widths42
Reel Rookie

Three Roku remotes on separate TVs stopped working within 6 months

The troubleshooting steps worked when we started having issues at the 4-5 month mark. Now we are having to reset the remotes on a DAILY basis in order to use them. Has anyone been able to find a solution outside of spending more money to replace the remotes or allowing your data to be gathered and sold in exchange for using the "free" app?

All the devices are up-to-date. We have done resets, re-pairings and factory resets. We have replaced the batteries multiple times in the 6 months we've had these Rokus (we even tried different battery brands, but the issues continue). 

And what is Roku doing to address this issue? Looks like it's been pretty common for the last few years, and this is still happening at a rate where a new "How to Fix Your Broken Roku" article is published by a third party every single month. This seems like less of a coincidence and more like a deliberate business decision. The fact that three devices have all had the same issues on the same timeline doesn't look very good for Roku as a company.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Three Roku remotes on separate TVs stopped working within 6 months

Hi @Widths42,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community.

We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to assist you further.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Widths42
Reel Rookie

We contacted Roku Support 6 days ago. No response. And the equipment is continuing to have issues multiple times a day. 

0 Kudos
chrisp144

I have two TVs on the same floor.  One is a TCL Roku TV and the other is an Insignia Roku TV both purchased within the last 5 years.  Last year, the remotes worked for both TVs.  Now only one remote works on both at one time.

I have replaced batteries, and replaced the remote.  As soon as i put the batteries in the new Roku TV remote - it worked immediately on both TVs but the previously only working remote does now not work.  So initiating a new remote caused the other not to be recognized on either tv.

Looks like this is a known issue but i now have two tvs and only one at a time working remotes.  How can i address this.  (Note neither remotes have reset buttons or pairing buttons).

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@chrisp144 

Roku only supplies UI for Roku tvs, you need to get in touch with tv manufacturer to get replacement  remotes. But being 5 years old they are way out of warranty period. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos