Remotes

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottgem
Level 7

Switch to different HDMI imput

Jump to solution

Just got a Roku and so far its great. But I want to be able to switch back to my cable TV input. I can't figure out how (or even if) I can do that from the ROKU remote. So far, I'm going back to my TV remote to switch inputs.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Level 17

Re: Switch to different HDMI imput

Jump to solution

Yeah that's the normal way.  If your cable box has an implementation of HDMI-CEC (which Roku calls 1-touch play) you could try turning that on, but there's a good chance it just doesn't have that feature. That's on by default on Roku, which is why just pressing a button on the Roku Remote causes the TV to switch to it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Level 17

Jump to solution

Yeah that's the normal way.  If your cable box has an implementation of HDMI-CEC (which Roku calls 1-touch play) you could try turning that on, but there's a good chance it just doesn't have that feature. That's on by default on Roku, which is why just pressing a button on the Roku Remote causes the TV to switch to it.

Scottgem
Level 7

Jump to solution

OK, I have to play remote roulette and was hoping to avoid it. But its not that big a deal. At least I can switch to the Roku easily.

Thanks.

0 Kudos