Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottgem
Reel Rookie

Switch to different HDMI imput

Jump to solution

Just got a Roku and so far its great. But I want to be able to switch back to my cable TV input. I can't figure out how (or even if) I can do that from the ROKU remote. So far, I'm going back to my TV remote to switch inputs.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Switch to different HDMI imput

Jump to solution

Yeah that's the normal way.  If your cable box has an implementation of HDMI-CEC (which Roku calls 1-touch play) you could try turning that on, but there's a good chance it just doesn't have that feature. That's on by default on Roku, which is why just pressing a button on the Roku Remote causes the TV to switch to it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yeah that's the normal way.  If your cable box has an implementation of HDMI-CEC (which Roku calls 1-touch play) you could try turning that on, but there's a good chance it just doesn't have that feature. That's on by default on Roku, which is why just pressing a button on the Roku Remote causes the TV to switch to it.

Scottgem
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OK, I have to play remote roulette and was hoping to avoid it. But its not that big a deal. At least I can switch to the Roku easily.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
robromnek

Jump to solution

I don't understand the response.  Is there a way to switch to cable input using the Roku remote?  I don't like 2 remotes.  

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@robromnek There is no way to change to the cable input using a Roku remote.  The only TV functions that Roku remotes control are on/off and volume.  

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You have to use the cable remote anyways when controlling the cable box, why not have that remote switch you to the cable input? Roku remote switches the tv to Roku input!!

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos