Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chirschk
Reel Rookie

Streaming stick won't pair with remote

Jump to solution

My remote will not pair with the streaming stick (3500). I have changed the batteries, plugged and unplugged the stick multiple times; reset it multiple times. Each time, I arrive at the window "pair your remote"; I hold the pairing button down for 3+ seconds, as asked; the light on the remote flashes, but no connection is established. Any advice will be most appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming stick won't pair with remote

Jump to solution

@chirschk 

Thanks for the posts.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, we no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Is this the original roku wifi remote included with 3500, or did you buy a newer remote? There are no replacement remotes for 3500, it will not pair with anything but the original remote included with it. Sorry. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
chirschk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is the original remote. It worked fine for a couple years, and then stopped working. Should I order a replacement from Roku?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Sorry but you can not buy a replacement new anywhere. The remote for the 3500 only worked on the 3500 stick, later wifi remote work on all roku going forward. You can try looking for the same model as your remote used on ebay, it would something like rc41? What is your model number of remote?

Edmund

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@chirschk 

Thanks for the posts.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, we no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
teriobrien
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

2LD573014702..I have 2 rokus with original remotes..will not pair.(new batteries) no pairing button. They used to work but I haven't used them in a little while..now the remotes don't work at all

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Are you sure there's no pairing button in the battery compartment?  If you have a 3500 and you have a remote without a pairing button then it will never work.

0 Kudos
teriobrien
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No there is no pairing button in either remote......Both are the remotes that came with the sticks. they worked before....but will not pair now.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@teriobrien 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For future reference, when providing personal information please send that information in a private message (PM) as we highly recommend not posting personal information in a public place.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
teriobrien
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Don't buy any ROKU product!!!!.  I bought 2 different ones---they worked for a little while ...but now the remotes won't pair. (no pairing buttons!) 

BTW ---These are the remotes that were included with the purchases!!!!

ROKU responed that without pairing button---they will NEVER work. So they sell you something --that by their own admission----WILL NEVER WORK111???  ...their solution ---

they'll LET me buy new ones at 30% off...

Never buy again ---as long as ROKU sells **bleep** ---with only the promise of letting you buy more **bleep**----"as a favor" to me!!!!! and has ZERO customer service