Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shutch9033
Reel Rookie

Streaming Stik 4K Remote quit working

I purchased and have been using the Roku StreamingStik 4K since 30NOV2021 with absolutely no problems.  Last night the remoted just stopped working. Decided to wait until morning to see if it was a system issue and might resolve, but it didn't.  I have followed all the 'fix' recommendations on the website (replaced the batteries, unconnected/reconnected the stik from the tv, etc.) but the remote still does not work. I would appreciate any other recommendations but, In the meantime, I have downloaded the phone app to use.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
shutch9033
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Stik 4K Remote quit working

I should add that this seems to be a voice remote (has that button, but I don't use it).

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Remote doesn't communicate directly with Roku stick, it communicates with bump in the USB cable, which is long-range wireless receiver. Is it still attached, did you switch out USB cables? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
shutch9033
Reel Rookie

I have disconnected and reconnected the cable from the stick also.  When I do this, the stick flashes white a couple times, then once red, then white ~12 times (whether or not the stick is connected to the TV) and it stays lit while the TV is on. I have only the cable that came with the stick and it's the only one I've ever used. 

The cable is plugged in to a surge protector; I have moved it to a different plug, I have reset the surge protector, and I have unplugged/replugged to wall outlet.

ETA: 7hrs later today, finally it has decided to grace me by working, for now. Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@shutch9033

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos